2” Hydrostatic Setting Tool
The Hydrostatic Setting Tool is a non-explosive setting tool used for installation of Gauge Hangers.
The Setting Tool provides powerful stroke converting the inlet either well or nitrogen pressure into powerful axial stroke needed for a reliable setting of a deployed tool.
The Setting Tool incorporates a hydraulic booster which multiplies inlet pressure and enables a high setting force. The Setting Tool can be used together with the Well Pressure Unit (WPU) or Nitrogen Pressure Unit (NPU). When the WPU is used the well pressure is converted into the setting force.
Internal parts of the Setting Tool are prevented from the contact with the polluted well fluid. When it’s not enough pressure in the well, the NPU charged with nitrogen under the pressure can be used to generate the setting stroke in the Setting Tool.
The Electronic Timer is used to activate the Setting Tool when running on slick (wire) line.
The Setting Tool can be also adopted to be run on E-line or coiled tubing.
- Slim external design
- Fully balanced to well pressure
- Controlled stroke
- Short length
- Hydraulic booster multiplies inlet pressure
- Internal parts are protected from well fluid
- NACE MR0175 suitable materials
- Nitride surface treatment increases longevity
- Jarring up shearing for emergency release
- Simple redressing
- Tool OD – 2 inch
- Overall Length – 51.53 inch
- Weight – 28.44 lb
- Stroke Length – 5.15 inch
- Setting Force – 18,000 lbs
- Max Well Pressure – 10,000 PSI
- Max Working Temperature – 150 C