“OWL +” Improvement AND Archiving SYSTEM
The widely used X-ray television systems of the FILIN series, the FOSFOMATIC digital radiography systems and the X-ray film archiving system are based on this system. The system has integrated control of all parameters of digital X-ray detectors, such as electronic shutter speed, integration time, gain control, and many others.
A large number of various image processing functions make the COBA + system an ideal choice for studying radiographic / radioscopic images and making conclusions about the quality of the studied product. The user-friendly graphical interface is implemented in the Windows system. The output of the live image and the processed image to separate monitors makes the operator's work quick and convenient. Using sequences allows you to call complex operations with the click of a button.
The ability to save images on rewritable dvd and blue-ray discs provides long-term archival storage and allows you to maintain databases containing tens of thousands of images. An advanced search system allows you to quickly find any image. It is possible to connect several systems to a centralized database. Support for the ODBC mechanism makes it easy to integrate the complex into the enterprise ACS. The software supports remote broadcast images. Thus, it is possible to place the system at any distance from the X-ray television system.
Built-in tools for enlarging the studied image area and measuring geometric dimensions simplify defect measurements. The interface of the program and the database is made entirely in Russian with a large number of tips, which allows the program to be used even by a novice operator.
In tomography mode, the algorithm for reconstructing three-dimensional images from flat projections helps in the study of products of complex shape. It is also used to control the assembly of various structures.
When searching for defects in welds and injection molded structures, an algorithm for automated search and determination of defect parameters with built-in sensitivity adjustment is used. Using this algorithm allows in most cases to significantly simplify the work of the operator in determining the size of defects.
OWL + purpose of the system:
- Image input from external devices (RTS, flat detector, phosphomatic, scanner, video camera)
- Image processing and archiving, control protocol maintenance
- 3D image reconstruction from flat projections (requires a manipulator)
- Recording digitized images to external media
- X-ray source management; devices for moving and positioning an x-ray tube, detector, and test article; additional electromechanical devices (curtains, shutter, door, etc.)
- Checking the image for compliance with GOST7512-82
- Automatic defect search, classification and decoding of defects according to GOST7512-82, 23055-78
COBA + main software features:
- Built-in system for automated search and determination of defect parameters
- Fully 32-bit data representation (theoretically up to 4 billion grayscale)
- Image scaling, interpolation and digital filtering
- Real-time recursive integrative filtering
- Filters mexican head, sharpen and unsharp mask with adjustable mask
- Over 20 fixed-mask digital filters, custom filters
- Setting the contrast by histogram, density profile and selected image areas
- Digitally adjust gain, brightness and contrast
- Calibrate image by distance and optical density
- Measurement of the geometric dimensions of an object from an image and a density profile
- Detector heterogeneity measurement followed by automatic compensation
- Drawing the text and labels on the image, geometrical transformations of the image
- Work with highlighted regions of interest
- Pseudo-color image of the investigated object
- Support for all major image formats (s64, s32, jpeg, tiff, bmp, avi)
- Local and remote multi-user databases via ODBC driver
- Automatic database backup
- Automatically copy database to external media
- Printing images and control protocols on paper or transparencies
- Automatic input of images at preset time intervals, video recording
- User-Configurable Databases and Research Logs
- System for automatic scanning of the investigated part
OWL + software interface features:
- Multi-window interface, simultaneous work with multiple images
- The presence of a full-screen image view
- Processing a static image while receiving a dynamic image
- Separate configurable window for working with a histogram
- Ability to work on multiple monitors simultaneously (live picture, digital magnifier)
- Support for touch screens to control installation
- Possibility of programming and subsequent execution of a sequence of actions
- Support for inputting images from multiple X-ray television systems simultaneously
- Remote access over the network, remote broadcast images
- Monitoring the state of installation elements and displaying in the form of graphical information
Technical characteristics of the computer used:
|OWL + 32-bit version||OWL + 64-bit version|
|CPU||Pentium Core 2 Duo||Pentium Core 2 Duo / Quad|
|Frequency||2.4 ... 3.0 GHz||2.4 ... 3.2 GHz|
|Number of Cores||2||2 ... 4|
|RAM||4 gb||4 ... 8 Gb|
|HDD||250 ... 500 Gb||500 ... 1000 Gb|
|Archiving system||9Gb DVD-RW||9Gb DVD-RW / 50 Gb Blue-Ray|
|Network Card||1 gbps||1 gbps|
|Monitors||LCD 20 ”... 26”||LCD 22 ”... 32”|
|operating system||Windows Vista||Windows Vista 64|
The table shows approximate technical characteristics of the computers used. The delivered configuration depends on the type and specification of the equipment ordered and is selected by the supplier based on the optimal operating conditions of the equipment.
By customer’s order, it is possible to change the computer configuration, install a fault-tolerant disk array, add an additional monitor, use an industrial case for the 19 "rack. Some systems can be delivered with a laptop computer (notebook).